Join TASC as a Non-Swimming Member
Any swimmer that joins Tynemouth Amateur Swimming club will be registered with Swim England as an affiliated member of the club. This membership only applies to the swimmer and does not automatically extend to parents and guardians.
TASC welcomes member applications from any non-swimmers who wish to volunteer for the Club and become affiliated members.
TASC also welcomes member applications from parents and guardians of swimmers who wish to become affiliated members but can not commit to volunteering for the club.
What does being a member mean:
- Being a member gives you the right to vote at any TASC Annual General Meeting (AGM) or Special General Meeting (SGM). This means that you will be able to vote to select committee members and have a say on how the club operates in terms of the Constitution. Committee members are the custodians of the club, who work hard to keep the club running and, most importantly, make the decisions that directly impact the quality of the swimmer’s development, opportunities, and experience.
As a TASC member, you also become a member of Swim England, the national governing body for swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
Swim England membership benefits include:
- Being part of the Swim England family (over 198,000 members)
- Insurance cover: civil liability, legal expenses and personal accident cover
- 25 per cent discount on TYR kit and free delivery
- Discounts on a range of swimming challenges and open water events
- Exclusive Swim England and British Swimming ticket offers
- A member’s newsletter with regular offers and events information
Find out more about your benefits and to view the Swim England website, click here.
How much does it cost?
- Volunteers - The Club Constitution advises that the Annual Club Membership Fee will be waived and the Swim England Membership Fee will be paid for by the club for all volunteers.
- Parent/Guardian Membership – Annual Club Membership Fee of £10.00. This is paid at the point of joining the club and then in September of each year thereafter. This is non-refundable if a member leaves part way through the year. In addition, to become an affiliated member a Swim England Category 3 fee is payable at the point of joining and then in January of each year thereafter. This is currently £13.20 (2021). This is non-refundable if a member leaves part way through the year.
How to become a TASC member
Any person who would like to become a member can submit an online membership application. Please ensure you fill out the 'Extra Details' section to indicate in which membership capacity you are joining the club.
If you wish to join TASC and help shape the future of our fantastic swimming club then please register now.